How we protect your privacy and how we use your information
We are data controllers for the information provided to us by you, or by your agent in order to manage your stay with us and communicate to you about Foxwood on Skye.
The information we hold about you:
- We receive bookings either via our booking system (Free to Book), via email or via TripAdviser, Air B&B.
This data covers names of guests, booking email, source of booking, ages of children, payment information, home address and contact phone number plus any preferences or key information you have provided to us such as dietary requirements, room preferences, birthday or anniversary relating to your stay. We also hold information about our correspondence with you relating to your stay with us. If you book via AirBandB or TripAdviser they may hold records in their systems as data controllers and we transfer information for our records into Free to Book.
- We hold registration information provided by you as required by Legislation S.I.1972 No.1689
This data covers: full name and nationality for all guests over 16 and for non UK/Commonwealth guests an ID (passport, driving license or similar), next destination. This information is held for 12 months are required by legislation and a further 1 month prior to deletion.
- Our Facebook page holds information relating to you if you post or respond to a post on this site. This is held in line with the privacy options on your own Facebook privacy settings.
- We receive review information which usually includes a name or similar identifier and approximate date of your stay, depending on where you post this it may be held in our booking system, on our facebook page or on another independent system like TripAdviser or Google.
The legal basis for holding your information:
Contract: where you enquire and/or make a booking with us we hold your information in order to fulfil that contract
Legal Obligation: we are required to hold registration details about our guests in line with S.I. 1972 No. 1689
Legitimate Interests: if you have booked with us via a travel agent or your booking has been made by someone else we still need some information to provide our services to you. This would include occasional mailings about matters directly relating to Foxwood on Skye or your stay here.
Consent: where you choose to sign up to our Social Media account on Facebook.
No data is passed to any other organisation. If we need to do so we will contact you in advance.
Your data is only accessed by the proprietors of Foxwood on Skye.
- you may request a copy of any information we hold about you to be provided within 1 month of your request
- you may ask us to correct any incorrect information held about you
- you may ask us to delete or restrict processing of any information held about you to be deleted within 1 month except where we have a legal obligation to retain it or where it would prevent us fulfilling our contract to you
- you have the right to object to the way your information is used to which we would have a month to respond and take action. If you are unhappy with our response you may then escalate any concerns to the Information Commissioners Office (ico.org.uk)
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store in their visitors' web browsers. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as "cookies".
Cookies help to improve our services and give you a better experience. For example, they can show us which pages people visit most often, and which are not getting as much attention
If you wish to block cookies you can do this in your browser settings; you can learn more about cookies and how to block them here.